Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:10 14th Aug, 2015
Samsung Hoping To Get An Edge Over Apple With Its Galaxy S6 Edge+ | TechTree.com
Samsung Hoping To Get An Edge Over Apple With Its Galaxy S6 Edge+
The phone features a 5.7" screen with curved on both sides.
As expected, Samsung made two major announcements at its New York event. Along with the Galaxy Note5, the Korean brand showcases the Galaxy S6 edge+. As its name suggests, this phone is a bigger version of the Galaxy S6 edge.
Like Samsung's other high-end phones, the Galaxy S6 edge+ is made of premium metal and glass. It's good to see Samsung moving away from flimsy plastic construction for expensive phones. At the same time though, a few people are going to miss the removable back panel.
The phone sports a 5.7-inch Quad HD screen with curves on both sides. No doubt, it is going to sharp. However, what's more impressive is the colour vibrancy attained by the AMOLED screen.
Much like the Note5, the Galaxy S6 edge+ is powered by an octa-core Exynos 7420 chipset. The phone packs-in 4 GB RAM and 32 GB / 64 GB internal storage. There's no microSD card slot though.
To please the shutterbugs, Samsung has thrown-in a 16 megapixel camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation). For video calls and selfies, you get a 5 megapixel camera.
Connectivity essentials such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, and NFC are covered. Battery capacity is 3000 mAh. Then, there are a bunch of sensors to monitor heart-rate and fingerprint authentication.
The phones comes with a 3000 mAh battery. On the software front, you get Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) with TouchWiz UI on top of it.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ will be available in the US on 21st of this month. Consumers will get to choose from White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, and Silver Titanium hues. The off contract pricing for the base model is $815 in the US.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance