Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:10 14th Aug, 2015
Samsung Hoping To Get An Edge Over Apple With Its Galaxy S6 Edge+ | TechTree.com
Samsung Hoping To Get An Edge Over Apple With Its Galaxy S6 Edge+
The phone features a 5.7" screen with curved on both sides.
As expected, Samsung made two major announcements at its New York event. Along with the Galaxy Note5, the Korean brand showcases the Galaxy S6 edge+. As its name suggests, this phone is a bigger version of the Galaxy S6 edge.
Like Samsung's other high-end phones, the Galaxy S6 edge+ is made of premium metal and glass. It's good to see Samsung moving away from flimsy plastic construction for expensive phones. At the same time though, a few people are going to miss the removable back panel.
The phone sports a 5.7-inch Quad HD screen with curves on both sides. No doubt, it is going to sharp. However, what's more impressive is the colour vibrancy attained by the AMOLED screen.
Much like the Note5, the Galaxy S6 edge+ is powered by an octa-core Exynos 7420 chipset. The phone packs-in 4 GB RAM and 32 GB / 64 GB internal storage. There's no microSD card slot though.
To please the shutterbugs, Samsung has thrown-in a 16 megapixel camera with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation). For video calls and selfies, you get a 5 megapixel camera.
Connectivity essentials such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, A-GPS, and NFC are covered. Battery capacity is 3000 mAh. Then, there are a bunch of sensors to monitor heart-rate and fingerprint authentication.
The phones comes with a 3000 mAh battery. On the software front, you get Android 5.1.1 (Lollipop) with TouchWiz UI on top of it.
The Samsung Galaxy S6 edge+ will be available in the US on 21st of this month. Consumers will get to choose from White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum, and Silver Titanium hues. The off contract pricing for the base model is $815 in the US.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals