Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
01:20 14th Aug, 2015
Samsung Unveils A Noteworthy Galaxy Note5 | TechTree.com
Samsung Unveils A Noteworthy Galaxy Note5
Gets a powerful processor and metallic body.
The South Korean electronics giant Samsung showcased the Galaxy Note5 in New York. "Note5" is not a typo, there's no space before the number this time around. Gone are the tacky faux-leather finish and cheap plastic, the Note5 is the first handset in the Note family to feature a premium metal and glass construction. Yes, you can say that it borrows a lot from the Galaxy S6.
Like most top-end Samsung phones, the Note5 comes with AMOLED screen. This panel type is superior to LCDs in terms of contrast and colour reproduction. The 5.7" screen boasts of Quad HD resolution.
Samsung's stylus, dubbed as S Pen comes with a few enhancements. For instance, you can quickly jot down something without unlocking the phone. All the air command gimmickry is covered too.
The Galaxy Note5 is powered by the Exynos 7420 chipset, which is said to be the fastest mobile SoC (System on Chip) in the market.To handle multitasking, you get 4 GB of RAM. The phone comes in 32 GB and 64 GB variants. And no, there's no memory card for storage expansion.
In the photography department, you get a 16 megapixel camera. Similar to what we have seen in high-end Lumia devices, the Note5 comes with OIS (Optical Image Stabilisation). There's a 5 megaixel front-facing snapper to please the selfie freaks.
Other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, and A-GPS. The fingerprint sensor is present in the Home button.
The Note5 will come in Black Sapphire, White Pearl, Gold Platinum, and Silver Titanium. It will hit the US market on 21st August. The base model sports a price tag of $840 without a contract.
Samsung is the company that pioneered the "phablet" category. From the sales, it was evident that people are least bothered about the ergonomics as long as they are getting big screen. Little wonder then, every other phone manufacturer in the world, jumped onto this bandwagon. For a change, even Apple decided to ape Samsung with its iPhone 6 Plus.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals