Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:08 04th Aug, 2015
Uber Introduces Debit Card Payment Option In India
Ordering a cab gets simpler.
Indians are still somewhat reluctant to use credit card to pay the taxi fare. App based cabbie service, Uber understands this well. First, it it integrated wallet payment system compatible with PayTM. Then, the American company implemented cash-payment option in five Indian cities. This time around, Uber has started accepting payments directly via Debit (ATM) card.
If in case you are not aware, Uber is an app based cab service. It is available for Android, iOS, and Windows. The app uses phone's GPS for sharing your location with a cabbie for pick-up. Basically, you get a taxi without uttering a single word. You also get to choose a car type you wish to ride. Uber Go includes hatchbacks such as Maruti Ritz. Uber X is for Sedans, while Uber Black gets you premium cars including the Audi A6. The company operates in 18 cities across India.
That's Uber Black.
Similar to how you feed-in your PayTM wallet details, you can enter your debit card information. There's even an option to scan your card details using the phone's camera. However, we suggest you enter the details manually considering that the low-light conditions can lead to errors.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance