09:58 07th Jul, 2015
Instagram Ups The Ante From 640 Pixels To 1080 Pixel Images | TechTree.com
Instagram Ups The Ante From 640 Pixels To 1080 Pixel Images
Makes more sense on those higher resolution displays.
Instagram has finally begun showing higher resolution images on its feeds. The new images may take a wee bit longer to load, but they will certainly look sharper and crisper on your mobile device’s display.
According to The Verge, the old and ancient resolution will now gradually be done away with. The old 640 x 640 pixels resolution may sound lame, but it certainly works better on slower connections.
The new 1080 x 1080 pixels resolution not only looks better on mobile, but makes for clearer pictures on the web as well.
While those with low-resolution mobile displays will not see a difference, images may suddenly appear clearer to those with better ones.
[Also Read: Instagram 7.0 Is The Update Everyone Wants]
The new upgrade, that comes after ages, will only be limited to mobile devices for now and not the desktop clients. This as per an Instagram spokesperson, will remain the focus for now, as the social network has “no plans to share on web.”
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India