11:58 02nd Jul, 2015
Flipkart Unveils New Feature Which Allows Users To Search Via Images
The image search similar to that in Google can come in very handy to search for visually similar products already listed on Flipkart.
Flipkart has announced a new feature on Wednesday for its mobile app as an update giving it an edge over its rivals.
The new feature called the Image Search allows its users to upload an image of the product they are looking for and find visually similar products on the popular e-commerce platform.
To make this as clear as possible, the new feature brought in to the Flipkart mobile app is quite similar to what is already existing in Google where you can drag and drop an image of anything you want to know about and Google will search visually similar searches.
However, the Image Search in Flipkart is for now working exclusive for the fashion category of products.+
Flipkart is likely to search for the apparels looking out for same colour, pattern or style.
This feature we expect to be very handy in finding out visually similar products which are already listed on Flipkart.
Also, it is worth noting that the new feature has been introduced only in to the official mobile app and not on the web which is likely because of the much anticipated step to be taken by the company to move on to the mobile app format completely.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones