12:38 01st Jul, 2015
Digital India Expected To Rope In Billions Of Dollars In Investments
There is a long list of guests to ensure a positive response.
While the nation prepares itself for Digital India Week, it now seems that everyone is expecting a positive response including Telecom Minister, Ravi Shankar Prasad.
The minister told reporters that the campaign seems pretty positive for now, "As far as estimates are concerned, we expect billions of dollars investment (in Digital India week),"
As for the guests, all the business leaders are expected. Everyone from Airbus India CEO Peter Gutsmiedl, RIL Chairman and MD Mukesh Ambani, Tata Group Chairman Cyrus Mistry, Bharti Enterprises Chairman Sunil Bharti Mittal, Wipro Chairman Azim Premji, Reliance Group Chairman Anil Ambani, Sterlite Technologies Chairman Anil Agarwal, to Aditya Birla Group Chairman Kumaramangalam Birla have given the nod for participation, reports PTI.
As for the event that kickstarts today, the Prime Minister will be unveiling a number of schemes like its Digital Locker, e-education and the e-health initiative; the efforts of which should be visible by 2019.
There will be 10,000 guests in all, those that will come from the field of technology, to service centres, students and IT Ministers from across the country.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens