12:32 29th Jun, 2015
BlackBerry Rolls Out Update For Its BBM App With New Material Design
The update also comes with features like Private Chat which is available at $0.99 per month.
It seems that BlackBerry has finally started rolling out its pretty much talked about update packed with new feature and improvements.
The update is being rolled out to BlackBerry 10, Android and iOS and the key feature is the changes in the material design of the app.
Also, the update brings with it other features like Private Chats where the names actually stay hidden.
While the update has started rolling out now, it is worth noting that it had hit a closed beta group earlier this month before coming to the public as the recent BBM for Android update seems to be a bit broken with plenty of bugs.
Adding more details on the private chat feature, we can observe in the screenshot above that no names and no profile pictures will be displayed and also the chat seems to end automatically after a period of time.
Private Chat feature can be accessed by going to Privacy and Control Subscription. Along with it, users are likely to see Timed messages and pictures, Retract messages and pictures and Edit Message.
However, the feature doesn't come for free. Users are expected to pay $0.99 per month to enjoy the service.
Coming back to the new material design of the app, it is being said that it gets a new way to organise your sticker collection and a new "quote message" feature that lets you refer to previous messages.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband