02:33 26th Sep, 2012
Download: Xonotic (Windows, Linux, Mac)
A nice freeware FPS based on the modified Quake engine.
Xonotic is a free and fast first person shooter based on the Darkplaces game engine, which is itself a modified version of the Quake 3 engine. The game is available for Windows, OS X, and Linux, and features a large number of large and interesting maps that look eerily similar to those in Quake 3, but are unique in their own ways. The title's graphics are similar to those of big-budget commercial games available in around 2006. The gameplay has been inspired by various classics, including Unreal Tournament and Quake, with the multiplayer element being an important part. Xonotic is incredibly well-made, considering the fact that it's open-source and based on a decade-old game engine.
Size: 943 MB
Platform: Windows, Linux, OS X
Take a look at the gameplay video and tutorial here, if you're still not convinced the title's worth your time.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance