09:51 24th Jun, 2015
WhatsApp Voice Calling Arrives On Windows Phone | TechTree.com
WhatsApp Voice Calling Arrives On Windows Phone
Comes with another interesting update.
Windows Phone fans can now rejoice as WhatsApp is rolling out a new update that finally brings Voice over IP (VoIP) calling to the platform. Calling aside, WhatsApp decided to be generous and added something new, with the ability to send audio files via chats.
The update tagged as version 2.12.60 will now let you place voice calls via your internet connection for free. WhatsApp will need an active Wi-Fi or data connection to deliver the same.
Voice calls aside, WhatsApp also adds the ability to send across audio files. The feature however, is limited to devices that have Windows Phone 8.1+ installed and nothing less.
There are also a number of tiny notable improvements overall and the updated app also shows an unread messages count in the header. Sharing across other apps also seems to have improved to an extent.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India