16:04 22nd Jun, 2015
OnePlus Clarifies About Its Forthcoming Smartphone Pricing Details
The official forum clearly says that the smartphone will be certainly priced higher than $322 (Rs 20,000).
After rumours spreading about the price of the yet-to-be-announced OnePlus 2, it seems that the Chinese flagship maker OnePlus has announced a clarification in the forum.
To recall, there were many reports lately that the OnePlus 2 would be priced as low as 1,999 (Rs 20,644) Yuan while CEO Pete Lau announced that the price would be around 2,500 Yuan (Rs 26,000).
Also, Co-founder Carl Pei asked a question in Twitter as to how much should the OnePlus 2 be priced at and also replied a user who recommended the $400 price tag as reasonable.
However, the forthcoming OnePlus 2 which will be powered by a Snapdragon 810 chipset has been hinted via the forum that the price of the OnePlus 2 will certainly be higher than $322 (Rs 20,000).
The company has clarified in its recent post in the forum that the 810 chipset to be more powerful that the 801 chipset and also more expensive.
It has also been claimed that the cost is almost 60% higher and thus the price of the forthcoming OnePlus 2 is said to b higher than $322.
Summing up from what we have heard so far, the OnePlus 2 could flaunt a 5.5-inch full HD (1920×1080 pixels) display, 3GB of RAM, Adreno 430 GPU, 16-megapixel rear camera, 5-megapixel selfie camera, and on the software front, Android 5.1 Lollipop (wrapped under Oxygen OS in India/Hydrogen OS in China) out-of-the-box.
Also, while there is still no word on the launch of the device, we expect it to be out by as early as next month.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones