11:32 12th Jun, 2015
Apple iPhone Might Be Manufactured In India Soon | TechTree.com
Apple iPhone Might Be Manufactured In India Soon
Indian Government in talks with Foxconn Technology as part of the Make in India movement.
With the Indian smartphone market growing day by day, we see many Chinese mobile makers stepping in to explore the world's No.3 smartphone market.
Adding more in to this, it seems now that Apple's iPhone is in talks to be manufactured in India in an exclusive Apple plant yet-to-be built.
The growing wage inflation in China might be why Foxconn, the Taiwanese contract manufacturer which makes the iPhones for Apple is now looking towards to manufacture in India.
While this seems to be a significant development in the Indian mobile market, it could also lower iPhone prices in the country and help Apple compete effectively against the current prominent players like Samsung and Xiaomi.
Foxconn is also said to be scouting for locations now with an aim of developing 10 - 12 facilities in India, including factories and data centres by 2020.
However, there seems to be no detailed facts about this as of now.
But, if everything goes well, then this would be a return of Foxconn in to the land after they were forced to shut up shop in India last year after client Nokia closed down.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals