12:18 11th Jun, 2015
Eugene Kaspersky: Criminals Are Obsessed With iOS
On the other hand, Windows Phone is pretty clean when it comes to vulnerabilities.
Kaspersky Labs CEO, Eugene Kaspersky in an interview at an event in Australia was all praises about how secure the Windows Phone platform is. Kaspersky went about talking about security and stated that iOS was the most vulnerable mobile platform and that the same applies to Android thanks to its open source nature.
Kaspersky was stern and pretty much shocked the audience when he said that Apple’s iOS was one of the most vulnerable mobile platforms. This according to him arises due to the operating system’s popularity but remains less probable because of its closed nature.
He went on to say that, “Criminals are obsessed with iOS and there are many, many vulnerabilities,”. And clearly there are, as can be seen from the iMessage SMS bug that has been crashing iPhones with a specific string of Unicode characters... who knew?
Eugene Kaspersky, Chairman and CEO of Kaspersky Labs
He went on to say that "The most dangerous scenario is with iPhones. It is less probable because it is very difficult to develop malware for iPhones, because the operating system is closed to outside programmers. But every system has a vulnerability. If it happens—in the worst-case scenario, if millions of the devices are infected—there is no antivirus, because antivirus companies do not have any rights to develop true end-point security for Apple."
Indeed Apple is confident about their walled garden, but what about the one without any walls? Kaspersky was quick to quote that Android was equally dangerous and so far has seen “millions of brutal attacks”.
The big players aside, the CEO also mentioned that Windows Phone was “so far very clean”. The reason for this according to us, could be limited to less attention that the platform gets from developers itself and the fact that it barely takes up the smallest fragment of the mobile OS pie.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones