17:19 05th Jun, 2015
Mahindra To Be The First To Deliver Google’s Android Auto In India
XUV 500 and Scorpio will be the the test bed for many to come.
Android Auto is finally making its way to India. Mahindra announced back at Google I/O that the company is now a part of the Open Automotive Alliance (OAA), a global alliance of vehicle manufacturers, with leading edge technology, committed to bringing the Android platform to cars.
What this means is that Android Auto will finally be made available to the Indian market. This is a good thing. More so for Google, thanks to the dominance of Android as an operating system in the same market.
Google’s software for automobiles similar to Apple’s CarPlay will offer unparalleled access to your smartphone via your car’s infotainment system.
One that delivers not just the basics but literally makes it easy and convenient to access your phone and some third-party apps through your car.
As for Mahindra, it plans to begin offering the same in its XUV 500 and Scorpio range with safety and easier access to the information drivers need as the plus points.
Going forward, the Indian automotive giant’s Blue Sense app that powers its current range of vehicles will soon see Android Auto integration that will then deliver access to Google Maps and more, directly from the vehicle’s infotainment system.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow