16:52 04th Jun, 2015
Samsung Beats Apple In India’s Premium Smartphone Segment | TechTree.com
Samsung Beats Apple In India’s Premium Smartphone Segment
Samsung steps ahead with marketing while Apple goes with EMIs.
India’s growing smartphone market is indeed a tough one to crack. And despite all the hype that Apple generated with its iPhone 6 launch in October last year, the company fell short, with Samsung taking the crown as the premium segment leader in India.
As per the report from the Economic Times, Samsung currently takes the lead with a 46% share in a crowded premium smartphone segment with smartphones that are priced over the Rs 30,000 mark.
All of Apple’s efforts, including the “Shot on iPhone 6” campaign still managed to capture a commendable 42% of the premium smartphone segment.
Still then, the iPhone 6 series have so far been the biggest revenue grossers for the Cupertino giant in India.
[Related: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Review]
While Samsung managed to pull off the 46% edge with its major contributions from the Galaxy S6 series (along with the Note), Apple’s entire 42% percent consists of just iPhone 6 sales (75%) with the minor contributions by the iPhone 5s, 5c and 4s models. And while Apple may be selling fewer handsets, it is wise to note that all of those smartphones demand very high price tags.
Currently, Samsung still stands tall as the market leader with Micromax in second place. Seems like Samsung has turned around and has begun innovating; the results of which have started to show.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals