16:52 04th Jun, 2015
Samsung Beats Apple In India’s Premium Smartphone Segment | TechTree.com
Samsung Beats Apple In India’s Premium Smartphone Segment
Samsung steps ahead with marketing while Apple goes with EMIs.
India’s growing smartphone market is indeed a tough one to crack. And despite all the hype that Apple generated with its iPhone 6 launch in October last year, the company fell short, with Samsung taking the crown as the premium segment leader in India.
As per the report from the Economic Times, Samsung currently takes the lead with a 46% share in a crowded premium smartphone segment with smartphones that are priced over the Rs 30,000 mark.
All of Apple’s efforts, including the “Shot on iPhone 6” campaign still managed to capture a commendable 42% of the premium smartphone segment.
Still then, the iPhone 6 series have so far been the biggest revenue grossers for the Cupertino giant in India.
[Related: Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Review]
While Samsung managed to pull off the 46% edge with its major contributions from the Galaxy S6 series (along with the Note), Apple’s entire 42% percent consists of just iPhone 6 sales (75%) with the minor contributions by the iPhone 5s, 5c and 4s models. And while Apple may be selling fewer handsets, it is wise to note that all of those smartphones demand very high price tags.
Currently, Samsung still stands tall as the market leader with Micromax in second place. Seems like Samsung has turned around and has begun innovating; the results of which have started to show.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance