16:50 01st Jun, 2015
ASUS Announces ZenWatch 2 At Computex
The ZenWatch 2 comes in two different sizes and with the latest Android Wear version.
After launching ZenWatch a few months ago, Asus has launched its successor, the ZenWatch 2 at Computex, Asia's foremost tech exhibition.
The smartwatch is powered by the latest version of Android Wear which means that the gear works based on the popular Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
Built upon the original ZenWatch, the smartwatch offers more refined design and improvised user experience and also comes with a metal watch crown unlike the original ZenWatch.
Coming to the sizes of the smartwatches, while one (ZenWatch 2 WI501Q) comes with 22 mm straps like before, the other (ZenWatch 2 WI502Q) has a smaller 18 mm straps. However, the larger one comes with an optional "Chargeback" power pack.
Like before, both versions of the ZenWatch 2 come with an AMOLED screen with a piece of 2.5D curved Gorilla Glass 3 on top and with a qualcomm processor.
Meanwhile, apps like the remote camera viewfinder allow ZenWatch 2 users with ASUS phones to see a preview of their photos on-screen before shooting.
Having said these, the ZenWatch 2 comes with a wide-range of straps in a variety of materials and colors for further personalization.
While the rubber strap comes in Blue, Orange, Red and Taupe, the premium leather strap is available in Khaki, Brown, Gray, Blue and Orange colors. Along with this, the ZenWatch 2 also comes with a stainless-steel link bracelet in Silver, Gunmetal and Rose color variant.
It is also being said that there seems to improvements in the charging times and the battery life of the device.
However, there still seems to be no details available regarding the price and availability of the ZenWatch 2.
TAGS: ASUS ZenWatch
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance