17:10 19th May, 2015
Facebook’s CFO Reveals Plans To Introduce B2C Messaging To WhatsApp | TechTree.com
Facebook’s CFO Reveals Plans To Introduce B2C Messaging To WhatsApp
Means that you will see a lot more of those pesky ad messages from businesses.
We have said it once before and will say it again. WhatsApp is going to die a slow death. And its nobody but current owner, the ad and business-friendly, Facebook that has a lot to do with this.
Facebook CFO, David Wehner said during a JPMorgan technology conference, “We think that enabling that B2C messaging has good business potential for us,”. However he was quick to comment, “As we learn those things, I think there’s going to be opportunities to bring some of those things to WhatsApp, but that’s more longer-term than the near-term.”
So in short all of the above means that if Facebook manages to pull off this B2C (Business to Consumer) service to get some money out of its 22 billion USD investment, WhatsApp users will have to pay the price.
Its not that users aren’t getting enough of illegal ads showing up on their numbers, that Facebook will make things official, and add a few more threads to your chats.
The only reason why WhatsApp has acquired 800 million users is because or zero charges (for some) and no ads policy, which is being violated by businesses illegally.
If that goes away, users may move to the next big database of friends for chatting. Fortunately, this happens to be Facebook’s very own Messenger platform that is standing next in line with about 600 million monthly active users.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals