17:10 19th May, 2015
Facebook’s CFO Reveals Plans To Introduce B2C Messaging To WhatsApp
Means that you will see a lot more of those pesky ad messages from businesses.
We have said it once before and will say it again. WhatsApp is going to die a slow death. And its nobody but current owner, the ad and business-friendly, Facebook that has a lot to do with this.
Facebook CFO, David Wehner said during a JPMorgan technology conference, “We think that enabling that B2C messaging has good business potential for us,”. However he was quick to comment, “As we learn those things, I think there’s going to be opportunities to bring some of those things to WhatsApp, but that’s more longer-term than the near-term.”
So in short all of the above means that if Facebook manages to pull off this B2C (Business to Consumer) service to get some money out of its 22 billion USD investment, WhatsApp users will have to pay the price.
Its not that users aren’t getting enough of illegal ads showing up on their numbers, that Facebook will make things official, and add a few more threads to your chats.
The only reason why WhatsApp has acquired 800 million users is because or zero charges (for some) and no ads policy, which is being violated by businesses illegally.
If that goes away, users may move to the next big database of friends for chatting. Fortunately, this happens to be Facebook’s very own Messenger platform that is standing next in line with about 600 million monthly active users.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones