11:45 15th May, 2015
Microsoft’s Lumia 540 Now Available For Pre-Order In India
The company clearly seems to be confused about its pricing.
Microsoft’s recently announced Lumia 540 smartphone is now available on pre-order for the Indian market. The budget device that sports an 8 MP AF Camera and a quad-core chipset, is also the second one to be officially pushed out by Microsoft as Windows 10 compatible.
So after the Lumia 640 Dual SIM, we have the Lumia 540 at a slightly lower price tag that will also be first in line for the Windows 10 update.
As for the design of the smartphone, there is nothing special out here (this is a budget device after all). We get the same plasticy construction similar to that on the Lumia 430/435 and the 640.
The hardware bits have once again been carefully hand-picked by big M; but seems to be a mix and match with just an 8 MP camera and 2200 mAh battery as the highlight.
- We get a 5 inch 1280 x 720 pixels, ClearBlack IPS LCD display
- Inside, there is a 1.2 GHz, quad-core, Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 with the usual 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage which is expandable
- Camera hardware includes an 8 MP AF unit on the back (with an LED flash) accompanied by a 5 MP wide angle lens for selfies
- Connectivity options include 3.5 G dual SIM support along with the usual Bluetooth 4.0 and WLAN IEEE 802.11 b/g/n
- The handset runs Windows Phone 8.1 with the Lumia Denim pack and is powered by a 2200 mAh battery
The pricing is indeed where most will be a bit confused. The handset is currently available for pre-order in stores for Rs 10,199 while this may sound fine, the recently announced Lumia 640 Dual SIM comes with a better Zeiss lens, a bigger battery (2500 mAh) and a Snapdragon 400 inside along with a Rs 9,999 price tag.
For smaller hands we would suggest the Lumia 730 Dual SIM instead, which retails for a slightly higher Rs 14,330 and comes with better specs like an OLED display, a f/1.9 camera and NFC.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-