14:10 04th May, 2015
Reserve Strap Redesign Exposes Hidden 6-Pin Port On Apple Watch | TechTree.com
Reserve Strap Redesign Exposes Hidden 6-Pin Port On Apple Watch
Seems to be the only answer to the Apple Watch’s battery life woes.
Not many of us know about Reserve Strap, the accessory that is still in the R & D process will soon become an Apple Watch owners answer to the less than sufficient battery life.
The company did mention at its announcement back in March that the design has not been finalized. One that it would provide up to 125% more battery life than the built-in battery of the Watch.
Now, we have a new design that has shown up on its website. One that exposes the 6-pin port that lay hidden inside the connectors of the strap. While we did know thanks to the iFixit team that there was a something hidden inside the door related to servicing and diagnostics, we now know that it is capable of much more.
The Reserve Strap’s new design utilizes that 6-pin port that will help the accessory connect directly to the hardware inside without interfering with the functionality of the Watch.
The company states that owners of the strap will also receive a special tool to pop open that door. Still then, it remains to be seen whether this affects the water-proof capabilities of the smartwatch.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance