17:55 24th Apr, 2015
LG G4’s Leather Back Merges Technology With Tradition At A Price
The high-end tanning process will raise the price of its smartphone.
News is that LG is utilizing a high-end (and not to mention expensive) tanning process which has apparently raised the price of the smartphone. The phone has already hit pre-order for Korean customers and is currently being offered for 825 USD (approx. 52,000 INR) which is even higher compared to Samsung’s Galaxy S6 at 49,900 INR, but still cheaper than the S6 edge at 58,900 INR.
Seems like LG is pretty confident about its flagship offering this year as it is going big not only on specs, but has ensured the best hardware and construction techniques to deliver a unique product.
Part of this, is the vegetable tanning process used to finish the leather that is being used on the smartphone.
"Among the various tanning methods, vegetable tanning is the most traditional and the most recognizable," LG said. "It is the only form of tanning that is able to give leather unique characteristics, retaining the natural flaws and markings. That's why only a few luxury brands such as Gucci, Prada and Louis Vuitton applied the tanning technology to very high-level products."
LG’s quest to give its flagship G4 a traditional look and feel has increased the price of its smartphone as well. This is because the tanning process for the leather takes up to 12 weeks to finish as compared to 4 days of the plastic back.
While we already know what the LG G4 will look like, we just hope that LG uses the right hardware inside to make it a complete success.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones