18:20 23rd Apr, 2015
Xiaomi Announces Its All-New Mi 4i Budget Powerhouse In India
Will go on sale on 30th of April on Flipkart.
Xiaomi has certainly shaken up the Indian budget smartphone market today by announcing its all-new Mi 4i smartphone. The device comes with the latest hardware bits and clearly out paces the competition by a mile (at least on paper).
Hugo Barra took to the stage in Delhi today in front of 12,000 eager Mi fans and showed off Xiaomi’s latest creation, the Mi 4i smartphone. Coming from India and surrounded by fans, there were plenty of screams and whistles during the presentation as well that did not deter the Global VP of Xiaomi, who seemed more than happy listening to fan feedback.
Fans will be excited, as it was indeed for the first time that Indian audiences saw the launch of global smartphone taking place in the country.
As for the Mi 4i itself, it packs in a lot of power using the latest hardware from the industry and packages all of that along with MIUI V6 with Android 5.0 Lollipop at the right price.
The ultra-compact unibody design that somehow manages to pack in a bigger battery than some flagships, while retaining a smaller footprint, is also thinner and lighter than the Mi 4.
Talking about the body, Xiaomi has gone all out to deliver a unique, finely textured and matte-sprayed finish for resistance to fingerprints and grease.
As for the specs of this budget beast:
- We get a 5 inch Full HD Sunlight Display that packs in a pixel density of 441 ppi
- Inside, there is a 1.7 GHz, 2nd generation Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 octa-core chipset with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB ROM
- There are software improvements in the camera department that consist of a 13 MP primary unit and 5 MP front facing one
- The device comes with the usual connectivity options but supports 4G bands (16 in all) with dual SIM slots and dual standby
- All of the above is powered by an unbelievably large 3120 mAh battery
Xiaomi also announced its still beta, Visual IVR system that turns an IVR call into a systematically arranged menu on your call screen. The feature will be available in future builds of the MIUI V6 software and will be available only in test builds for now.
More importantly, Visual IVR supports six Indian languages including Hindi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam.
Also announced for the Indian market was the Mi Band fitness monitor for Rs 999 that comes with a battery life of 30 days.
The Mi 4i will go on sale on Flipkart on the 30th of April and for Rs 12,999 with the registrations for the sale starting tonight at 8:00 PM.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-