15:34 22nd Apr, 2015
Google’s Android 5.1.1 Changelog Is Finally Official
Wondering what’s changed? Well nothing much in short.
Google has yet to push out its Android 5.1.1 update for its Nexus devices. So most of us eagerly wanted to know what comes with the new update. Well, now there’s finally a changelog out in wild and apparently not much has.
The official changelog comes from AOSP (Android Open Source Project) and sports the build number LMY47V.
As it turns out, it is just another bug-fixing update with a couple of performance improvements.
Apart from the the plethora of bug fixes, we have improvements in the camera time-out duration on the Nexus 5 and the Nexus 6. Chromecast gets improvements as well in terms of the remote passthrough feature that allowed only certain TV remote controllers to control the dongle.
The usual security fixes are also included which is why the update is not tagged as v5.2 but just v5.1.1.
Expect the update to show up in coming weeks where it will be first available as an image for those who cannot wait for the OTA update to arrive.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones