16:14 10th Apr, 2015
Windows 10 To Host Apps, Music And Movies In One Store
Will offer convenience for users to purchase all of them in one place.
Microsoft has announced through its official blog about its move to bring all of its content into one place. This it plans to offer with its Store integration that will deliver a similar experience across devices allowing Windows 10 users to download all of their content from one place.
We will be getting a glimpse of all this in the upcoming build of the Windows 10 Technical Preview. So in addition to the current games and apps, Microsoft’s future Store will also host movies, TV shows and music.
While movies and TV shows were already added to last month’s beta, users will now also have access to browse and search for videos, rent or purchase movies & TV shows in the Store Beta and play them in the Video Preview app.
Xbox Video content will also begin appearing in the Video Preview app. So this move is indeed a big and bold one as it not only links the devices connected to the Windows ecosystem, but also the Xbox gaming console.
In the coming weeks, a music page will also be added to the Store.
As of now only testers in North America: US, Canada, Mexico, Austria, Belgium (only movies – no TV content), Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Australia, Japan, and New Zealand will be able to access the above mentioned content via the Store Beta.
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week