17:50 31st Mar, 2015
MediaTek To Take On High-End Snapdragons With Helio Range
Will in all probability re-brand MediaTek as a premium chipset maker.
MediaTek has announced it all new range of Helio chipsets that the chipmaker says will take on the high-end Snapdragon processors from Qualcomm.
The news comes from Taiwan and states that the new Helio range will come in two choices, the standard X 10 series and the P series, which MediaTek refused to give details about.
The X 10 series of Helio chipsets will be based on the octa-core set up and will feature Cortex A53 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz. The company also revealed that the 64-bit octa-core SoC can also support display refresh rates of 120 Hz and slow motion video up to 480 fps.
As for the P series of Helio chipsets, MediaTek simply comments that they are "a range of premium performance chips,"
Helio chipsets will show up in smartphones commercially by the Q2 this year itself, which makes us consider the HTC One M9 Plus as the right candidate even more.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-