17:50 31st Mar, 2015
MediaTek To Take On High-End Snapdragons With Helio Range | TechTree.com
MediaTek To Take On High-End Snapdragons With Helio Range
Will in all probability re-brand MediaTek as a premium chipset maker.
MediaTek has announced it all new range of Helio chipsets that the chipmaker says will take on the high-end Snapdragon processors from Qualcomm.
The news comes from Taiwan and states that the new Helio range will come in two choices, the standard X 10 series and the P series, which MediaTek refused to give details about.
The X 10 series of Helio chipsets will be based on the octa-core set up and will feature Cortex A53 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz. The company also revealed that the 64-bit octa-core SoC can also support display refresh rates of 120 Hz and slow motion video up to 480 fps.
As for the P series of Helio chipsets, MediaTek simply comments that they are "a range of premium performance chips,"
Helio chipsets will show up in smartphones commercially by the Q2 this year itself, which makes us consider the HTC One M9 Plus as the right candidate even more.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance