17:50 31st Mar, 2015
MediaTek To Take On High-End Snapdragons With Helio Range
Will in all probability re-brand MediaTek as a premium chipset maker.
MediaTek has announced it all new range of Helio chipsets that the chipmaker says will take on the high-end Snapdragon processors from Qualcomm.
The news comes from Taiwan and states that the new Helio range will come in two choices, the standard X 10 series and the P series, which MediaTek refused to give details about.
The X 10 series of Helio chipsets will be based on the octa-core set up and will feature Cortex A53 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz. The company also revealed that the 64-bit octa-core SoC can also support display refresh rates of 120 Hz and slow motion video up to 480 fps.
As for the P series of Helio chipsets, MediaTek simply comments that they are "a range of premium performance chips,"
Helio chipsets will show up in smartphones commercially by the Q2 this year itself, which makes us consider the HTC One M9 Plus as the right candidate even more.
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”