17:50 31st Mar, 2015
MediaTek To Take On High-End Snapdragons With Helio Range | TechTree.com
MediaTek To Take On High-End Snapdragons With Helio Range
Will in all probability re-brand MediaTek as a premium chipset maker.
MediaTek has announced it all new range of Helio chipsets that the chipmaker says will take on the high-end Snapdragon processors from Qualcomm.
The news comes from Taiwan and states that the new Helio range will come in two choices, the standard X 10 series and the P series, which MediaTek refused to give details about.
The X 10 series of Helio chipsets will be based on the octa-core set up and will feature Cortex A53 cores clocked at 2.2 GHz. The company also revealed that the 64-bit octa-core SoC can also support display refresh rates of 120 Hz and slow motion video up to 480 fps.
As for the P series of Helio chipsets, MediaTek simply comments that they are "a range of premium performance chips,"
Helio chipsets will show up in smartphones commercially by the Q2 this year itself, which makes us consider the HTC One M9 Plus as the right candidate even more.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals