14:53 16th Mar, 2015
Upgrading To Android 5.1 Is Not A Good Idea | TechTree.com
Upgrading To Android 5.1 Is Not A Good Idea
Probably in the same league as iOS 8.2.
Clearly, not everyone who has upgraded to Android Lollipop version 5.1 is happy right now. This short lived happiness about receiving the 5.1 firmware can be attributed to the whole memory leak issue that has been plaguing devices since the update began rolling out.
The memory leak issue leads to a number of app crashes, stability problems along with issues with the launcher as well.
While Google AOSP issue tracker is loaded with complaints, innocent victims are still falling prey when they download and install the update (thinking that this would solve the previous update’s issues).
Android 5.1 Lollipop does brings its list of goodies (smarter notifications, protection against theft etc.), but was indeed meant to be more of a bug fixing update.
While this scenario may sound like what has happened with the Apple iOS 8.3 update, Google seems to have already fixed the issue and this is again visible on the tracker.
[Also Read: iOS 8.2’s WiFried Issue Is Horrible]
Only problem is (as usual) nobody has a clue about when the fix will make its way on to affected devices via another firmware update.
As of now the update has begun rolling out for Google's Nexus range along with the GPe (Google Play edition) devices as well.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals