12:17 12th Mar, 2015
HERE Maps Goes Cross-Platform With Brand-New iOS App
Apple could learn a lot from Nokia's HERE.
While Android smartphone owners got their dose of offline-ready HERE Maps not too long ago, its now turn for iOS users to get their own version of the same. This is because HERE has finally announced its brand-new app for the iPhone.
We say brand-new because this is not the same old app that the company had launched sometime back to test the waters on iOS. The new app is built from scratch for iOS 8 and the iPhone (there is an iPad app in the pipeline as well) and is new and purpose built, unlike the HTML 5 version of the past.
Still then the app is similar to the Android one, beautifully made, and offers all of the features of the former including, offline maps and navigation along with offline search for local establishments.
Seems like Apple Maps just got another competitor. Or may be we should be looking forward to a billion dollar acquisition, between Apple and HERE soon. But that is certainly not happening, as Samsung seems pretty interested and has its hands in HERE’s (Nokia's) pockets already.
Indeed we can see Windows Phone users getting a bit furious as their app has certainly not been updated for a while. HERE must have focused on the iOS app after Android and WP users cannot complain as Microsoft does not pull its strings any more.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones