17:47 09th Mar, 2015
ASUS ZenFone 2 Global Roll Out Begins | TechTree.com
ASUS ZenFone 2 Global Roll Out Begins
Expect an India launch soon.
ASUS Chairman Jonney Shih announced its all new ZenFone 2 with a 1000 “Zenfans” in Taiwan today. The company made its global roll-out official that begins from Taiwan and will follow with other major markets shortly.
Obviously India is on that list. The company has done well with the current ZenFone range that is still selling well in the Indian subcontinent.
The ASUS ZenFone 2 which was announced back in January at CES 2015, delivers a premium device with a Full HD display but sticks with Intel as its supplier of processors.
Breaking down the specs, the handset that was launched in Taiwan comes with a 5.5 inch Full HD display, 13 MP primary camera and a 2.3 GHz 64-bit, Intel Atom processor that comes with 4 GB of RAM.
This variant of the ZenFone 2 also comes pre-loaded with the latest version of the ZenUI, that delivers a more customisable UX with new features compared to the older handsets.
“The ZenFone 2 series will build on the resounding success of the ZenFone,” said Mr. Shih. “ZenFone 2 embodies every aspect of the ASUS brand spirit—In Search Of Incredible—and we look forward to introducing this empowering luxury worldwide with upcoming launch events in China, Hong Kong, France, Russia, Japan, Indonesia, India, and the United States.”
The ZenFone 2 in the above mentioned configuration starts at 290 USD (approx. Rs 18,153) while other version with a slower 1.2 GHz processor and 2 GB of RAM is priced at 220 USD (approx. Rs 13,771).
We indeed cannot wait to get our hands on a similar version of the handset out here in India. Hopefully we hear from ASUS about an Indian launch soon.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals