Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
20:27 03rd Mar, 2015
Sony Announces A Waterproof Xperia Z4 Tablet
The iPad competitor packs-in a serious fire-power.
The Z4 tablet sports an IPS display that boasts of 2560x1600 pixels. That takes the pixel density of to 300 ppi, which is impressive for a tablet. In comparison, the latest iPad Air 2 stands at around 260 ppi.
The processing is handled by the latest Snapdragon 810 SoC (System on Chip). The octa-core processor can max out at 2 GHz. To handle multitasking, you get 3GB of RAM. Internal storage is 32 GB. You can add up another 128 Gigs via a microSD card slot.
Sony hasn't compromised on the photography front. The tablet features an 8 megapixel snapper with ExmorRS sensor. There's also a 5 megapixel front-facing camera for selfie fans.
In the connectivity department, you get 3G and 4G LTE along with the essentials. The slate is powered by a 6,000 mAh battery. According to Sony, it lasts for around 17 hours on video playback.
The tablet shines in terms of aesthetics. It has a fancy glass body with a classy metal finish. At least, that's how it looks like in press images. What's more impressive is that the tablet is only 6.1 mm thick. And like most high-end Xperia products, the Z4 tablet is IP68-certified — dust and waterproof.
Sony's upcoming tablet will run Android Lollipop with Sony's customisation. The Xperia Z4 tablet will hit the stores starting from June 2015. nAt this point, there's no word on its pricing.
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers