14:20 13th Feb, 2015
Apple Increases App Size Limit From 2 GB To 4 GB | TechTree.com
Apple Increases App Size Limit From 2 GB To 4 GB
Developers of iOS games will benefit from the added space and can now deliver higher quality textures.
Apple has increased its long standing 2 GB app size limit on the App Store to a hefty 4 GB. Yes, that is 4 GB per app. While Windows Phone users will find these figures jaw-dropping (because most of their apps come in the tiniest of packages), game developers will rejoice at this move because they can now cram in a lot more details into their iOS games.
While iOS is indeed the best platform for mobile gaming, because the hardware optimisations are indeed limited, it also offers the best games first, and with the best graphics as well.
Increasing the app size limit to 4 GB will see games like Bioshock and GTA finally getting the space needed to expand and deliver some much-needed quality textures.
That aside, iOS users need not fear the change as all of Apple’s devices come with just a single internal memory, where there is no differentiation of internal and external memory like on Android.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals