14:20 13th Feb, 2015
Apple Increases App Size Limit From 2 GB To 4 GB | TechTree.com
Apple Increases App Size Limit From 2 GB To 4 GB
Developers of iOS games will benefit from the added space and can now deliver higher quality textures.
Apple has increased its long standing 2 GB app size limit on the App Store to a hefty 4 GB. Yes, that is 4 GB per app. While Windows Phone users will find these figures jaw-dropping (because most of their apps come in the tiniest of packages), game developers will rejoice at this move because they can now cram in a lot more details into their iOS games.
While iOS is indeed the best platform for mobile gaming, because the hardware optimisations are indeed limited, it also offers the best games first, and with the best graphics as well.
Increasing the app size limit to 4 GB will see games like Bioshock and GTA finally getting the space needed to expand and deliver some much-needed quality textures.
That aside, iOS users need not fear the change as all of Apple’s devices come with just a single internal memory, where there is no differentiation of internal and external memory like on Android.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance