17:16 11th Feb, 2015
Samsung To Out Smarter GALAXY S6 Accessories With Authentication Chips | TechTree.com
Samsung To Out Smarter GALAXY S6 Accessories With Authentication Chips
The chips will not only allow for added functions, but will also bring in additional income.
The Korean media reports that Samsung seems to be taking the Apple route to accessories with its upcoming flagship smartphone the GALAXY S6. The Korean company is apparently looking to integrate authentication chips with all its accessories for the smartphone, that will not only help them become smarter, but will also help them make more money off it.
This it plans to do in the long run, by delivering the custom made chips that will allow for special functions for use in third-party accessories. A clear cut example of the chips already in use would include the smart S View-style flip covers, that allow for custom functions when opened.
Samsung will deliver these chips to third-party accessory manufacturers as per requirements for a price of course and in the course of time build an accessories ecosystem as well.
Accessory manufacturers who choose to opt out of the chips will still be allowed to make the same, its just that they will not be connected to the smartphone and would not offer any special features.
Samsung’s System LSI division will be making the authentication chips that will be used in flip-covers initially and then be used in other products. The accessories will be connected to smartphones via NFC.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance