11:05 06th Feb, 2015
ASUS ZenPower Power Bank Announced In China
Will compete directly with the Xiaomi Mi Power Bank.
ASUS indeed seems to be after Xiaomi. After launching smartphones that fall in the same price range, the computer manufacturer now seems to be gunning for the accessories market as well. ASUS has just announced it own version of the power bank called the ZenPower, that will compete with Xiaomi’s offering in its home market.
If you ask us, the 9600 mAH ZenPower power bank is pretty much identical (just a bit taller) to what Xiaomi offers. Seems like Xiaomi did not patent the design, which is why everything from the placement of the buttons to the LEDs and the ports seems pretty much similar, minus the branding.
ASUS however states that the charger that weighs 215 gms is lighter than Xiaomi’s Mi power bank offering and while being slightly thinner also comes with 11 layers of protection (compared to 9 on the Mi option).
The ASUS ZenPower will be available in black, white, yellow, red and blue and also comes with an optional silicon case. As of now no details regarding the price and global roll out have been announced, but considering that this is a competitor to Xiaomi, it should cost in the same range.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow