10:43 12th Jan, 2015
Omnivision Partners With Wavelens; Announces Faster AF System For Mobile
The current run-of-the-mill AF systems found in most devices clearly aren’t fast enough for today’s competitive mobile market.
California-based Omnivision has tied up with Wavelens and announced a brand new set up that delivers faster autofocus speeds than traditional VCM (Voice Coil Motor) based systems for mobile devices.
The new system utilizes a microelectromechanical system (MEMS) that makes for a better match with Omnivision’s recently announced 23 MP OV23850 sensor instead of the standard VCM system.
The partnership will allow Omnivision to pair its recently announced 23 MP sensor with the MEMS system developed by Wavelens, delivering DSC (Digital Still Camera) quality autofocus and imagery.
Tehzeeb Gunja, Senior Partnership and Business Development Manager, shed some light at CES about OmniVision’s newest venture:
“The OV23850 supports fast-auto focus modes and is our highest resolution image sensor currently available, which makes it the preferred sensor for the MEMS focus technology developed by Wavelens. VCM-based autofocus, while a proven technology, suffers from slow speed to focus and high current consumption. We are excited to take part in the transition to a superior MEMs-based solution that can overcome VCM’s shortcomings. OmniVision is working with Wavelens to bring to market the MEMS-based autofocus technology across a wide array of sensors.”
Indeed fast isn’t fast enough and while mobile camera sensors keep getting smarter, there is always room for improvement. Lets hope that the 23 MP sensor along with the improved autofocus system makes its way onto our smartphones soon.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020