13:47 06th Jan, 2015
Lenovo Goes 64-Bit With The Vibe X Pro And P90 Smartphones
The company seems to be working on building its accessory portfolio as well.
Lenovo recently announced its Vibe X2 smartphone for the Indian market. While the company claims that it was a success, we were clearly intrigued by its sandwich design that allows for the addition of accessories or Vibe Xtensions. What we were not interested in, is the MediaTek chipset inside, which although octa-core did not deliver.
Today at CES, the company announced a 64-bit version of the same smartphone called the Vibe X2 Pro and another one going by the name of the P90 as well.
Lenovo VIBE X2 Pro
While the Vibe X2 Pro looks pretty similar to the older Vibe X2, there are plenty of differences between the two when it comes to the internal hardware:
- We get a 5.3 inch 1080p IPS LCD display
- Inside we find a 1.5 GHz, octa-core, 64-bit, Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 coupled with 2 GB of RAM and 32 GB of expandable storage space
- The camera department consists of a 13 MP camera on the back that is accompanied by a similar 13 MP sensor up front for selfies. While the primary unit is accompanied by an LED flash, the front facing unit unlike the HTC Desire EYE does not. Lenovo has announced a separate VIBE Xtension for that called the Selfie Flash (image below) that plugs into the headphone jack.
- The handset is powered by a 2410 mAh battery and supports Cat 4 LTE with dual SIM slots
VIBE Xtension Selfie Flash
The Vibe X2 Pro will be available in Champagne Gold, Rock Pink and Electric Blue will go on sale in April this year.
Next up is the rather interesting P90 smartphone. While the name is pretty short, the hardware will have plenty to keep you occupied. The smartphone is the first one to sport a 64-bit Intel Atom Z3560 chipset and a rather large 4000 mAh battery.
The large battery certainly takes up more space, making the P90 a lot thicker than the layered construction of the Vibe X2 Pro. As for the hardware specifications:
- We get a 5.5 inch 1080p IPS LCD display with a pixel density of 400 ppi
- Inside we get a 1.83 GHz, quad-core, 64-bit Intel Atom Z3560 chipset with 2 GB of RAM
- Memory is limited to 32 GB of storage
- There is a 13 MP camera with an LED flash and OIS on the back while the front gets treated to a 5 MP unit
- The Intel Atom Z3560 chipset also gives way to the Intel’s 5-mode XMM 7262 modem that supports LTE-Advanced FDD & TDD for high-speed connectivity
- All of the above is powered by a 4000 mAh battery
Sadly though both smartphones come with Android KitKat inside, which somehow does not make much sense considering that it is Lollipop that supports the same better.
The Lenovo P90 will come in Pearl White, Onyx Black and Lava Red, and will be available in select markets in February.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance