13:45 14th Mar, 2012
PlayBook Prices Slashed Further
64 GB version now costs just Rs 20,000.
After cutting down the prices of the PlayBook tablet, BlackBerry-maker RIM has decided to slash prices further. Originally priced at Rs 38,000 for the 64 GB variant, it was until recently sold for Rs 24,500, before getting another 18% price cut. While the 64 GB tab is now available for just Rs 20,000, the16 GB version will cost as tad bit higher at Rs 14,000 as opposed to the earlier offer price of Rs 13,500. The device was originally being sold at a much higher Rs 27,990. You can buy the 64 GB version from Flipkart at the new price, with the 16 GB version retailing at Rs 14350.
Equipped with the new PlayBook OS 2.0 and more relevant apps, RIM is trying its best to make its struggling product a success. The company has also launched the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard, complete with a touchpad especially for its tablet. However, the $120 (around Rs 6000) accessory is not available in India as of now.
With the iPad 2 now costing Rs 24,500 for the 16 GB Wi-Fi model and Rs 32,900 for the 16 GB Wi-Fi + 3G model, the competition surely is heating up in the tablet arena, and BlackBerry surely isn't going down without a fight.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance