13:45 14th Mar, 2012
PlayBook Prices Slashed Further
64 GB version now costs just Rs 20,000.
After cutting down the prices of the PlayBook tablet, BlackBerry-maker RIM has decided to slash prices further. Originally priced at Rs 38,000 for the 64 GB variant, it was until recently sold for Rs 24,500, before getting another 18% price cut. While the 64 GB tab is now available for just Rs 20,000, the16 GB version will cost as tad bit higher at Rs 14,000 as opposed to the earlier offer price of Rs 13,500. The device was originally being sold at a much higher Rs 27,990. You can buy the 64 GB version from Flipkart at the new price, with the 16 GB version retailing at Rs 14350.
Equipped with the new PlayBook OS 2.0 and more relevant apps, RIM is trying its best to make its struggling product a success. The company has also launched the BlackBerry Mini Keyboard, complete with a touchpad especially for its tablet. However, the $120 (around Rs 6000) accessory is not available in India as of now.
With the iPad 2 now costing Rs 24,500 for the 16 GB Wi-Fi model and Rs 32,900 for the 16 GB Wi-Fi + 3G model, the competition surely is heating up in the tablet arena, and BlackBerry surely isn't going down without a fight.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow