11:15 08th Jan, 2015
BlackBerry Unveils Its Android Wear Companion App For BBM
While BBM isn’t going places, we are delighted to see BlackBerry take an interest in the platform.
BlackBerry plans to take discreet messaging to the next level with its BlackBerry Messenger companion app for Android Wear-powered smartwatches. The Canadian company announced that it would soon launch the app that seems to be getting polished right now, by early 2015.
Like every other app developer these days that has rolled out support for Android Wear smartwatches, BlackBerry seems to have finally given in an delivered support for the same. The company has now moved a step deeper into the Android platform by introducing BBM for Android Wear.
The app is very similar to the WhatsApp app for Android Wear and will allow you check messages, reply to them and even browse through saved messages with a swipe. BlackBerry takes things a bit further by even letting you review and accept invites while on the move, reducing the need to pull out your smartphone from your pocket.
All-in-all a great companion if your use the BlackBerry Messenger on your Android device.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance