11:21 24th Dec, 2014
ASUS Eyes The Redmi Note With Its Pegasus X002 | TechTree.com
ASUS Eyes The Redmi Note With Its Pegasus X002
The smartphone delivers in all areas and outdoes the Redmi Note as well.
ASUS has been busy in the past couple of months and they seemed to have pulled off a really interesting smartphone in that time. The company announced its latest budget device called the Pegasus X002, which is a 4G smartphone that has been built to beat the pants off the Xiaomi Redmi Note. But there is a catch (more on that later).
As you can you see from the images, the smartphone looks pretty similar to ASUS’ Zenfone range; but looks premium thanks to the metal frame. The new branding however makes sense once you have a look at the impressive specs that this budget smartphone delivers:
- We get a massive 5 inch display on the front that sports a resolution of 1280 x 720 pixels
- Inside we get MediaTek’s 64-bit offering in the form of the 1.5 Ghz MT6732 SoC coupled with 2 GB of RAM
- The camera department consists of an 8MP primary unit with a flash and a 5 MP unit up front
- There are the usual radios including 4G TD-LTE / TD- CDMA and GSM networks and supports dual SIM dual standby
- The handset runs Android KitKat 4.4 with the Zen UI on top and is powered by a 2500 mAh battery
As you can see ASUS is trying to beat Xiaomi by introducing a low cost 4G capable device here. But there is a catch. This CNY 799 (approx 8,000 INR) smartphone has been developed for China Mobile, meaning that it will retail for that carrier only. Hopefully, ASUS delivers a global version of the smartphone soon. In the meantime, the company has certainly kept us busy by teasing us with their upcoming offering that focuses on camera tech.
[Also Read: Xiaomi Redmi Note Review]
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals