16:35 23rd Dec, 2014
Rumour: HTC A12 As A Mid-Range Smartphone With A 64-bit Processor | TechTree.com
Rumour: HTC A12 As A Mid-Range Smartphone With A 64-bit Processor
Seems like HTC is upgrading its mid-range offerings to be 64-bit ready.
Google seems to have released Android Lollipop on time this year, the only problem is that most manufacturers will get to utilise its 64-bit advantages only when the hardware is ready and available. This is why manufacturers who had delivered or designed Android smartphones indeed have no where to go unless they pull out some new hardware to take advantage of Android Lollipop. HTC seems to be doing the same thing. While the One M8 and the One M8 Eye will clearly be left in the dust when it comes to the One M9 (Snapdragon 810), it will only be devices like the Desire Eye, the Desire 820 that will sell next year because of the 64-bit tag. This is why HTC seems to have begun upgrading its mid-range and after the 820 comes this unnamed device tagged as the A12 that has popped up in the rumour mill.
The HTC A12 surfaced online thanks to leaker @upleaks who does seem to have leaked out a few credible offerings in the past. The rumoured specs do look interesting and geared up for Lollipop rather than Android KitKat (though you will be surprised when you have a look at the specs). While we do not yet know what the smartphone will look like, we got to know that it will be placed in a slot just below the HTC Desire 820.
As for the specs of the rumoured HTC A12:
- We get a 4.7 inch HD display
- Inside we get a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 MSM8916, 64-bit SoC with 1 GB of RAM
- We can expect an 8 MP camera on the back paired with a 1.3 MP sensor up front
- Strangely the OS on board is expected to be Android KitKat 4.4 with a layer of Sense 5.3
- The device will be powered by a 2100 mAh battery and measures in at 139.8 x 69.5 x 9.5 mm
The A12 smartphone is expected to be announced in February 2015 and will supposedly head to the US on Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile US, Verizon.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India