17:20 12th Nov, 2014
Panasonic Announces The 5-Inch Eluga S With Blink Play
Another selfie-oriented smartphone for the masses.
It is pretty clear that by the end of the year, we will have at least one selfie smartphone launched by every single manufacturer out there. While Sony seemed to have started it all with the Xperia C3, Indian manufacturers soon picked up on the craze and now even other worldwide brands like Panasonic have followed suit. Today, Panasonic announced its own version of the budget selfie smartphone called the Eluga S.
The smartphone packs in some other interesting features, apart from being the selfie smartphone for the masses. Firstly, we have Blink Play that allows the user to capture a selfie by simply blinking when the subjects are ready. Then there are others like the Fit Home user interface, POP- i Player, Music Cafe and Kwik Lock that add value to that already attractive price tag.
As for the design, we get that fake stitched look that was introduced by Samsung and adds a soft-feeling, leather-like touch to the back. As for what comes under the hood, it seems pretty much worth it, considering the price tag, but edges pretty close to the Micromax Canvas A310 that almost doubles up on the same:
- We get a 5 inch 1280 x 720 pixel IPS display
- Inside we get a 1.4 GHz True Octa-Core processor with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal memory that is expandable up to 32 GB
- There is an 8 MP camera on the back that is accompanied by an LED flash and a selfie-friendly, 5 MP front-facing camera
- The device sports dual SIM slots, comes with the usual radios and sports a 2100 mAh battery
The Panasonic Eluga S runs Android KitKat and comes in black and white. The smartphone will be priced at Rs 11,190 and will be available in stores from the 3rd week of November.
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020