17:20 12th Nov, 2014
Panasonic Announces The 5-Inch Eluga S With Blink Play | TechTree.com
Panasonic Announces The 5-Inch Eluga S With Blink Play
Another selfie-oriented smartphone for the masses.
It is pretty clear that by the end of the year, we will have at least one selfie smartphone launched by every single manufacturer out there. While Sony seemed to have started it all with the Xperia C3, Indian manufacturers soon picked up on the craze and now even other worldwide brands like Panasonic have followed suit. Today, Panasonic announced its own version of the budget selfie smartphone called the Eluga S.
The smartphone packs in some other interesting features, apart from being the selfie smartphone for the masses. Firstly, we have Blink Play that allows the user to capture a selfie by simply blinking when the subjects are ready. Then there are others like the Fit Home user interface, POP- i Player, Music Cafe and Kwik Lock that add value to that already attractive price tag.
As for the design, we get that fake stitched look that was introduced by Samsung and adds a soft-feeling, leather-like touch to the back. As for what comes under the hood, it seems pretty much worth it, considering the price tag, but edges pretty close to the Micromax Canvas A310 that almost doubles up on the same:
- We get a 5 inch 1280 x 720 pixel IPS display
- Inside we get a 1.4 GHz True Octa-Core processor with 1 GB of RAM and 8 GB of internal memory that is expandable up to 32 GB
- There is an 8 MP camera on the back that is accompanied by an LED flash and a selfie-friendly, 5 MP front-facing camera
- The device sports dual SIM slots, comes with the usual radios and sports a 2100 mAh battery
The Panasonic Eluga S runs Android KitKat and comes in black and white. The smartphone will be priced at Rs 11,190 and will be available in stores from the 3rd week of November.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India