10:32 18th Sep, 2014
Apple iPhone 6 Launch In India Pushed To Mid-November | TechTree.com
Apple iPhone 6 Launch In India Pushed To Mid-November
Excessive global demand for the new iPhones means Indian fans are going to have to wait a bit longer
After registering a record 4 million pre-orders for its iPhone 6 on launch day, Apple was quick to clarify that customers in the US will have to until next month to get their hands on the device. Now it seems that due to excessive global demand, the company has decided to postpone the launch of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in India.
Soon after Apple announced the delay in iPhone 6 deliveries in the US, the company removed the device's tentative availability date from its India website. On launch day the device was listed to ship in India on September 26, which was later changed to October 17.
Currently the Apple India website doesn't display any particular date of launch, but according to The Indian Express who contacted Apple retailer Vijay Sales, the possibility of the iPhone 6 launching in India in October is very low. Other retailers like Chroma and iWorld were unsure about when the device would be available in India.
[Also read: Apple's iOS 8 Update Is Now Live, Sans HealthKit]
The report adds that the iPhone 6 is expected to arrive in India by mid-November, and buyers can expect prices to start at around Rs 55,000 to Rs 60,000. While that puts the iPhone 6 pricing on par with what we saw with the iPhone 5s, we're still pretty clueless about the premium Apple will charge for the new plus-sized device.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals