18:20 16th Sep, 2014
Panasonic Unveils Lumix DMC-CM1 Smartphone With 1 Inch Sensor | TechTree.com
Panasonic Unveils Lumix DMC-CM1 Smartphone With 1 Inch Sensor
Does not only look the part, but packs a punch with some jaw-dropping hardware as well.
Panasonic has announced its first entry into the world of smartphone and camera hybrids with its all-new Lumix DMC-CM1 camera smartphone. The smartphone is clearly aimed at smartphone photographers and comes complete with manual settings and some superior quality Leica optics as well.
The DMC-CM1 comes with a 20 MP, 1 inch type sensor that one usually finds on point and shoots and even bridge cameras these days. Indeed that makes it the world’s first smartphone to sport such a large sensor. Also included is that sharp yet flexible F2.8 Leica lens that offers an equivalent focal length of 28mm. What’s more is that the camera (smartphone) is even capable of recording 4K video (15 fps), 1080p video (30 fps) and even shoots RAW images (bye bye Lumia 1020). The smartphone comes with all the manual controls you will ever need and even a beautifully crafted click-wheel that sits around the lens that will help you change most of the manual settings including focus.
Apart from the camera set up, the smartphone certainly looks stunning and sports that retro-modern leather and metal look and feel that photographers are accustomed to.
Lastly there are the specs of this beast:
- It sports a 4.7 inch 1080p touchscreen display
- A 2.3 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC coupled with 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of ROM along with expandable memory (all the way up to 128 GB)
- Surprisingly the handset weighs just 204 g considering the 1 inch sensor and the Leica optics and is 21.1 mm thick (dare we say thin)
- The smartphone packs in the usual radios and even supports LTE Cat 4 connectivity, NFC, that is all powered by a 2600 mAh battery to keep things as light as possible
The Lumix DMC-CM1 runs Android KitKat version 4.4 and comes with a hefty price tag of 899 EUROS (approx. 71,000 INR) and will be first available in Germany and France beginning in November this year. Clearly the handset will not have too many competitors around when it launches in November as it is a premium offering. The only competitor so far is the recently launched Samsung GALAXY K Zoom that comes with all the bells and whistles and has so far has not gathered much interest even though it has been priced right.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance