13:55 23rd Aug, 2014
Spice Launches The Fire One; India’s Most Economical Smartphone
With mediocre specs, the company focuses on feature phone users wanting to upgrade to a smartphone.
It was just a few months ago in June that Firefox announced that it would be bringing its Firefox OS smartphones to the Indian market and that day has finally come. Spice has finally announced the country’s most economical smartphone in the form of the Fire One Mi – FX 1. The handset comes with some really bogged down specs that will make most entry-level Android smartphones look like stars. Indeed Spice is not looking at existing smartphone owners with this Firefox OS-powered handset, but is focussed on feature phone owners instead.
Commenting on the launch, Mr. Prashant Bindal, Chief Executive Officer, Spice Mobility Ltd, said, “This is a step towards enabling the dreams of the small town masses of connecting with their aspirations through affordable smartphones. With the ultra-low cost Spice Fire One, we at Spice, aim to convert the feature phone users into smartphone users, thereby, aiding them with the power of internet.”
The Spice Fire One Mi – FX 1 comes with the following specs:
- A 3.5 inch HVGA (480x320 pixel) capacitive touch-screen display
- 1 GHz Processor
- 2 MP fixed-focus primary camera along with a 1.3 MP front-facing one
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity along with 2.5 G dual SIM support
On the software side of things, the FireFox OS offers single windows search, adaptive app search and language support for several Indian languages including Hindi, Tamil and Bangla. The device also comes with social networking apps such as Facebook, Twitter and Connect A2.
The Spice Fire One Mi – FX 1 will be available online when launched for a low price tag of Rs 2299 on Snapdeal.com. Shortly thereafter it will be available in brick and mortar stores for a higher price.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones