Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:54 24th Feb, 2012
Sony Mobile Releases Beta ICS ROMs
Currently available for the Xperia ray, neo V, and arc S.
After parting ways with Ericsson, Sony Mobile seems to be working hard on the Android 4.0 update. The company has released Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROMs for Xperia ray, neo V, and arc S.
Before you rush to grab a USB cable, keep in mind that the software is still in its beta phase, and may have some stability issues. The Google Mobile Services apps including Google Maps and Face Unlock are missing. Although the GSM and FM radio are functional, the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios will only be activated in the final release.
Having said that, if the geek inside you overpowers your logic reasoning, give it a try. Reportedly, the new firmware delivers a spanking new UI, lockscreen shortcuts, and a revamped email client.
In order to install these ICS ROMs, your Xperia handset must be running software version 4.0.2.A.0.42. For the download links and instructions, head over to Sony Mobile's official blog.
Android 4.0 beta ROM being demonstrated on the Xperia handset.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones