Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
16:54 24th Feb, 2012
Sony Mobile Releases Beta ICS ROMs | TechTree.com
Sony Mobile Releases Beta ICS ROMs
Currently available for the Xperia ray, neo V, and arc S.
After parting ways with Ericsson, Sony Mobile seems to be working hard on the Android 4.0 update. The company has released Ice Cream Sandwich beta ROMs for Xperia ray, neo V, and arc S.
Before you rush to grab a USB cable, keep in mind that the software is still in its beta phase, and may have some stability issues. The Google Mobile Services apps including Google Maps and Face Unlock are missing. Although the GSM and FM radio are functional, the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi radios will only be activated in the final release.
Having said that, if the geek inside you overpowers your logic reasoning, give it a try. Reportedly, the new firmware delivers a spanking new UI, lockscreen shortcuts, and a revamped email client.
In order to install these ICS ROMs, your Xperia handset must be running software version 4.0.2.A.0.42. For the download links and instructions, head over to Sony Mobile's official blog.
Android 4.0 beta ROM being demonstrated on the Xperia handset.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India