11:05 18th Aug, 2014
The iPhone 6 Could Ship With A Cable That's Reversible At Both Ends | TechTree.com
The iPhone 6 Could Ship With A Cable That's Reversible At Both Ends
Apple doesn't seem to be waiting for the new Type-C USB standard to make cables truly reversible.
People are undoubtedly looking forward to the larger screens on the upcoming iPhone 6 models, but there will be several changes that will go unnoticed but make a world of difference. A new leak suggests Apple might be rethinking the design of the lightening cable, which may feature a reversible plugs at both ends.
Sonny Dickson, the man credited with leaking the iPhone 5C last year, posted a photo of a cable where the USB end looks like it could be plugged in either way up. Apple solved the issue with plug reversibility on the iPhone with the introduction of its propitiatory lightening port, but now seems to have fixed the issue on the other end.
The image of the USB plug reveals a floating center that would make it reversible. While this does count as a small change, it means Apple device users don't have to faff about while plugging their devices to a charger or computer.
A new USB standard (Type-C USB) is already on its way and makes for truly reversible cables. While Apple doesn't seem to be adopting the new standard just yet, it could add similar functionality with the use of the older USB adapter itself.
It is expected that the Type-C adaptors and cables will make their way onto gadgets by the end of the year, but it will take some time for manufacturers to make the switch. Apple too is backing the new USB standard, despite its push towards the lightening connector as standard on all its devices.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals