11:49 07th Aug, 2014
Facebook Messenger Gets Support For Android Wear Smartwatches | TechTree.com
Facebook Messenger Gets Support For Android Wear Smartwatches
The update comes soon after the similar functionalities were rolled out for WhatsApp for Android.
WhatsApp recently added support for Android Wear, allowing users to read messages and even dictate replies right from their wrists. Given that the company is now owned by Facebook, it doesn't come as a surprise that the same functionality has been extended to the latest version of Messenger for Android.
A new version of Messenger for Android allows users of Google-powered wrist wear to view notifications and reply to them using just their smartwatch. Messenger notifications will look like any other on Android Wear, with the option to swipe to reply and single-tap to 'like' a post.
Apart from bringing support for Android Wear, the new version of Messenger also allows users to give conversations a big 'thumbs up' and also mute them right from the notifications panel. While it may seem that Facebook is pitting Messenger up against WhatsApp, it should be noted that both apps serve widely different demographics.
WhatsApp's primary user base is in regions like India and Brazil, whereas it's almost unheard of in North America and thorough most of Western Europe. The move also comes at a time when Facebook is all set to turn off messaging capabilities on its primary app, forcing users to download Messenger if they want to send Facebook messages on mobile.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals