15:25 04th Aug, 2014
Leaked iPad Air 2 Chassis Shows Subtle Design Changes | TechTree.com
Leaked iPad Air 2 Chassis Shows Subtle Design Changes
As expected there will be no major change to the design of the iPad range, just expect thinner devices.
Apple thoroughly revised the design of its iPad range of tablets last time around, also giving the larger of the two devices the 'Air' monicker, which spawned rumours of an upcoming iPad Pro model. While that hasn't happened yet, a leak of the supposed iPad Air 2 chassis shows no major changes to the design of the device, just as we'd expected.
The shots shows off the purported iPad Air 2 chassis, which like on the last model is made of Aluminum, but there are a few subtle design changes. First is the speaker grille, which is now made up of a single line of holes, as opposed to two lines on the current model. Further the volume buttons have been recessed into the iPad's body.
Last but not least is the inclusion of a hole for a microphone that sits right next to the opening for the rear camera module. This design choice has clearly been picked up from the iPhone 5s and 5c, if in fact the iPad housing shown off is the real deal.
Other, more expected changes that the iPad Air 2 will bring in, is the use of the TouchID fingerprint reader which debuted on the iPhone 5s, and also a reduction in thickness of the device. According to the leak the device will be launched in October, which as time goes seems to be becoming one of the busiest months in Apple history.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals