11:15 04th Aug, 2014
Apple Completes Beats' Acquisition
Now Beats headsets will be availabe on Apple website
While the news of Apple acquiring headphone-maker Beats was already out, an official confirmation has come from the company that it has completed the process. A couple of days ago, Apple put up a ‘Welcome to the family’ banner in its blog post.
"Music has always held a special place in our hearts, and we’re thrilled to join forces with a group of people who love it as much as we do," Apple wrote. From now on one can buy the Beats headphones on the Apple website.
After the completion of the deal Apple wrote: “Today we are excited to officially welcome Beats Music and Beats Electronics to the Apple family. Music has always held a special place in our hearts, and we’re thrilled to join forces with a group of people who love it as much as we do. Beats cofounders Jimmy Iovine and Dr. Dre have created beautiful products that have helped millions of people deepen their connection to music. We’re delighted to be working with the team to elevate that experience even further.”
On a whole, it has been a $3 billion acquisition that goes beyond the headsets as Apple gets the company’s streaming music service and Beats music that will help Apple launch its own streaming music service and will also bolster its iTunes inventory.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband