11:34 01st Aug, 2014
OnePlus OneWatch Seems Ready For Showtime
Leaked images point to a smartwatch with a... titanium case?
Well, its now time for round two as BGR seems to have gotten hold of some leaked images that actually show a OnePlus ‘OneWatch’ as the company calls it, along with sketches describing the hardware. The first image literally shows the product placed on the banner of what appears to be the OnePlus website, meaning that this could clearly be a product that is already hitting production.
As the product design sketches reveal, the OnePlus OneWatch will sport a titanium case (seems pretty much far-fetched) and sapphire glass to cover the round OLED display. This would technically make it the third smartwatch after the Moto 360, which has yet to be launched and the Samsung’s newly leaked smartwatch, to sport a round display.
Round is definitely in when it comes to smartwatches, even though buyers have not waited for the launch of the Moto 360 but gone ahead and purchased the square G Watch and Gear Live.
Display aside, the OneWatch’s sketches point to a battery that has been integrated into the strap and will come in leather options. Knowing how touchy OnePlus is when it comes to using the right materials this indeed seems like a possibility.
Do we see another contender in the smartwatch space? Well, it seems like a far-fetched idea for now, since Motorola with all its expertise is still struggling with a round display. Will the OnePlus OneWatch be powered by Android Wear? For now it certainly seems like the right path to take, with an ecosystem of supported apps that is already available for users.
Image Credits: BGRIndia
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens