12:03 30th Jul, 2014
Rumour: The Launch Of Apple's iWatch Has Been Delayed Yet Again
Analysts now suggest the device will now be launched late in the fourth quarter of 2014.
We've been anxiously waiting for Apple's challenger to Google's Android Wear platform, but it seems that we're going to have to wait a bit longer. A new report suggests that the launch of the rumoured iWatch will be delayed to the fourth quarter, while the company has also severely revised its sales projections.
Chinese site money.udn.com claims that Apple has revised the sales projection for the iWatch from 20 million to just 6 million for this year. That points at the iWatch being launched much later than what was expected earlier.
While the news is bad for consumers, Apple's rivals Google and Motorola could stand to gain from the delay. Motorola will soon launch its Moto 360 smartwatch, a premium take on an Android Wear device, which is considered to be what Apple will be aiming its smartwatch at.
The report adds that the delay is caused due to Chinese supplier TPK not being able to make the earlier deadline set by the company. This is indicated by the firm revising earnings projections for Q3, which are much lower than earlier estimates.
[Also read: Report: Apple's iWatch Could Come In Three Variants]
While there's no way to verify these findings, Apple's iWatch could have a hard time competing with Android Wear devices if its launch is indeed delayed. Motorola is expected to roll out the Moto 360 this fall, while HTC is another premium device manufacturer that is jumping onto the Android Wear bandwagon.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499