11:22 16th Jul, 2014
Report: Apple's iWatch Could Come In Three Variants | TechTree.com
Report: Apple's iWatch Could Come In Three Variants
The device might come with a 1.6-inch display, a 1.8-inch display and one with a sapphire glass screen.
Apple's upcoming iWatch has been one among the hotly awaited tech products of this year, and a new report suggests that the device could be launched in three different versions. According to a report on Chinese website Economic Daily, the iWatch will come with either a 1.6-inch or 1.8-inch display, while one of the 1.8-inch models will also feature a sapphire glass display.
While there's no way to confirm the credibility of the report, it does state that multiple versions of the same product may be necessary due to fashionablity of wearables. It's rather odd for a company like Apple to launch multiple versions of the same product, but since the new iPhone will arrive in two sizes, anything's possible at the moment.
The other most recent report of the iWatch cited analyst Ming-Cho Kuo saying that the device will enter production in November this year. Apple's first wearable could also feature a flexible AMOLED display with a sapphire glass coating.
Other rumours suggest that the iWatch will cost $300 and that the company plans to sell anywhere between 3 million units to 6 million units in the first year. If true, Apple could be aiming at the high end wearable market, unlike the devices from Samsung and LG based on Google's Android Wear platform.
Still, speculating from these tit-bits of information it's hard to know how the iWatch will fare in the market. Apple has had a long history of serving the premium market and if the device is indeed focused at the health/fitness and fashion market, it could see a large chunk of its avid followers lap up the iWatch.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India