11:22 16th Jul, 2014
Report: Apple's iWatch Could Come In Three Variants
The device might come with a 1.6-inch display, a 1.8-inch display and one with a sapphire glass screen.
Apple's upcoming iWatch has been one among the hotly awaited tech products of this year, and a new report suggests that the device could be launched in three different versions. According to a report on Chinese website Economic Daily, the iWatch will come with either a 1.6-inch or 1.8-inch display, while one of the 1.8-inch models will also feature a sapphire glass display.
While there's no way to confirm the credibility of the report, it does state that multiple versions of the same product may be necessary due to fashionablity of wearables. It's rather odd for a company like Apple to launch multiple versions of the same product, but since the new iPhone will arrive in two sizes, anything's possible at the moment.
The other most recent report of the iWatch cited analyst Ming-Cho Kuo saying that the device will enter production in November this year. Apple's first wearable could also feature a flexible AMOLED display with a sapphire glass coating.
Other rumours suggest that the iWatch will cost $300 and that the company plans to sell anywhere between 3 million units to 6 million units in the first year. If true, Apple could be aiming at the high end wearable market, unlike the devices from Samsung and LG based on Google's Android Wear platform.
Still, speculating from these tit-bits of information it's hard to know how the iWatch will fare in the market. Apple has had a long history of serving the premium market and if the device is indeed focused at the health/fitness and fashion market, it could see a large chunk of its avid followers lap up the iWatch.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-