11:22 16th Jul, 2014
Report: Apple's iWatch Could Come In Three Variants
The device might come with a 1.6-inch display, a 1.8-inch display and one with a sapphire glass screen.
Apple's upcoming iWatch has been one among the hotly awaited tech products of this year, and a new report suggests that the device could be launched in three different versions. According to a report on Chinese website Economic Daily, the iWatch will come with either a 1.6-inch or 1.8-inch display, while one of the 1.8-inch models will also feature a sapphire glass display.
While there's no way to confirm the credibility of the report, it does state that multiple versions of the same product may be necessary due to fashionablity of wearables. It's rather odd for a company like Apple to launch multiple versions of the same product, but since the new iPhone will arrive in two sizes, anything's possible at the moment.
The other most recent report of the iWatch cited analyst Ming-Cho Kuo saying that the device will enter production in November this year. Apple's first wearable could also feature a flexible AMOLED display with a sapphire glass coating.
Other rumours suggest that the iWatch will cost $300 and that the company plans to sell anywhere between 3 million units to 6 million units in the first year. If true, Apple could be aiming at the high end wearable market, unlike the devices from Samsung and LG based on Google's Android Wear platform.
Still, speculating from these tit-bits of information it's hard to know how the iWatch will fare in the market. Apple has had a long history of serving the premium market and if the device is indeed focused at the health/fitness and fashion market, it could see a large chunk of its avid followers lap up the iWatch.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance