10:52 25th Jul, 2014
HTC One M8 To Get KitKat 4.4.3 Next Week; Android L In Works | TechTree.com
HTC One M8 To Get KitKat 4.4.3 Next Week; Android L In Works
The company decided to skip on Android KitKat 4.4.4 in favour of Android L.
HTC Vice President of Management, Mo Versi put out a tweet letting the world know that the company is indeed looking to skip the Android 4.4.4 update for the HTC One M8 in favour of Android L.
Of course the news came out indirectly with Mo Versi hinting at a twitter user, that all the fixes of Android KitKat version 4.4.4 (security fixes) have already been baked into KitKat version 4.4.3. Moreover, he also made it pretty clear that the update for the unlocked HTC One M8 should start rolling out by the end of next week.
It is indeed a good move by HTC in the case of the One M8 which was stuck on KitKat version 4.4.2 since launch. For those of you not in the know of things, the earlier version of KitKat was indeed prone to the OpenSSL Heartbleed bug, that allowed for the man in the middle attack.
While Google has yet to release the final code of the Android L to handset makers, the struggling Taiwanese smartphone maker had earlier promised its customers that it would deliver the Android L update within 90 days of release.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India