Alnoor M Peermohamed
10:51 23rd Jul, 2014
Lenovo Launches Its Mid-Range S850 Smartphone In India At Rs 15,499
This is Lenovo's competitor to the mighty Xiomi Mi3. Well....sort of.
Chinese PC giant Lenovo has announced the launch of its mid-range S850 smartphone in the Indian market at Rs 15,499. The device will hit store shelves by the end of this month, but those too anxious to wait can pre-order the phone on the company's 'To Do Store' at a discounted price of Rs 15,299.
To be frank, that isn't much of a discount and it would be better to wait for the device to actually go on sale before making your purchase. That said, the Lenovo S850 does offer some pretty run-of-the-mill specifications for the price, but that isn't exactly a bad thing.
The phone features an all-glass construction, with a thin metallic (or faux metal, we don't really know) frame running around the preiphery of the device. The S850 will run on Google's latest version of Android 4.4.2 KitKat right out of the box, though the official company website says otherwise.
Lenovo's mid-range champion sports a 5-inch HD (1280x720 pixels) display and comes with old school capacitive buttons rather than on-screen ones. The device is powered by a 1.3GHz quad-core MediaTek processor coupled to 1GB of RAM, that should make for sprightly performance.
Imaging is where the S850 shines (at least on paper) with a 13MP primary camera at the rear, while the front gets a 5MP shooter, perfect for high-quality selfies. The phone supports dual SIMs, both of which can be used on 3G networks. Other connectivity options include Wi-Fi, GPRS/EDGE and Bluetooth, pretty ordinary stuff to be precise.
The S850 derives juice from a 2,000mAh battery, which is quite small for a 5-inch device, but the company claims it's rated at 336hours of standby time and 13 hours of talk time. Overall, the Lenovo S850 is pretty much like every other phone in the price bracket, but unfortunately it'll be going up against the Xiaomi Mi3, which is anything but ordinary.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance